Who does not like movies? And do you like Trading? So here are our TOP 10 trading films:
1) Wall Street A Classic movie. Bud Fox is a Wall Street stockbroker in early 1980’s New York with a strong desire to get to the top. He is young and impatient, willing to do anything to get to the top, including trading on illegal inside information taken through a ruthless and greedy corporate raider who takes the youth under his wing.
2) Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps 23 years after the original, Gordon Gekko emerges from a lengthy prison stint he finds himself on the outside of a world he once dominated. He now has to play catch-up and redefine himself in a different era. But a young, idealistic investment banker learns the hard way that Gekko is still a master manipulator and if there’s one place where you can redefine yourself, one place where you relevance is a deal away, it’s Wall Street.
3) The Big Short Based on the true story of four outsiders in the world of high-finance. Michael Burry discovers that the United States housing market is extremely unstable, anticipating the collapse of the mid-2000s, and decides to take on the big banks for their greed and lack of foresight.
4) The Wolf of Wall Street Based on the true story of Jordan Belfort, this biographical black comedy recounts Jordan’s perspective on his own career, from his rise to a wealthy stock-broker living the great life to his fall involving drugs, crime, corruption and the federal government.
5) The Pursuit of Happiness This biographical drama is based on the true story of Chris Gardner, a struggling salesman who takes custody of his son as he’s poised to begin a life-changing professional endeavor.
6) Margin Call Follows the key people –a group of employees- at a large Wall Street investment bank, over a 24-hour period, during the early stages of the financial crisis of 2007-08
7) Rogue Trader The story of Nick Leeson, an ambitious investment broker who singlehandedly bankrupted one of the oldest and most important banks in Britain. Based on Leeson’s biographical book Rogue Trader: How I Brought Down Barings Bank and Shook the Financial World.
8) Boiler Room A morally decent college dropout finds himself at conflict with his harsh federal judge father. He gets a job as a stock broker and gets on the fast track to success. Only things take a turn for the worse when he learns that his job isn’t what’s it cracked up to be.
9) Limitless With the help of a mysterious pill that enables the user to fully utilize his brain abilities, a struggling writer becomes a financial wizard and vastly improves his lifestyle, but it also puts him in a new world with lots of dangers.
10) Wall Street Warriors An HD documentary series examining the extreme power and intense competition that defines Wall Street, it follows the daily lives of ten successful individuals who deal with millions in the marketplace. If you can think of any more good movies, please leave their names in the comments, we will be glad to hear from you on that, as always.